Sunday, December 02, 2007

 

Taking up Golf

A couple of weeks ago I started golf lessons. About 10 minutes drive from my house there is Vodacom World of Golf. It is billed as a golf theme park and it is essentially there to teach people to play golf in a non-threatening, non-intimidating environment. It is *not* a golf course, but rather has learning areas such as "world of putting", "world of chipping", world of driving" and "world of bunkers". There is not a regular golf course per se, but it does have a small 9 hole chip and putt course. So far I have done putting and chipping and really like it so far. I can totally see what a great help practice is. The only thing that bums me out is that I thought it was a golf course all this time so didn't go there sooner. Absolutely fantastic concept. Here I am practicing chipping. Quite an improvement since last week at the lesson I couldn't actually get the ball to lift and get onto the green. Now I have pretty good distance control and can get it reasonably close to the flag. I even sink it every now and then! Look out Annika Sorenstam!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]